|DRI Presentations||DRI Publications||Special Issue||Related Publications and Presentations|
- Pomeroy, J., K.R. Shook, R.N. Armstrong, X. Fang. 2010. Drought, Climate Variability and Water Resources in Western Canada. Presented at The Third International Symposium on Arid Climate Change and Sustainable Development (ISACS-3). September 8-10, 2010, Lanzhou, Gansu, China.
- CMOS and CGU presentations
- Presentations from the GEWEX/CEOP Extremes workshop in Vancouver are available at the Extremes website.
- Presentations from DRI Workshop #4 are available from the EVENTS section of this web site.
- Presentations from DRI Workshop #3 are available from the EVENTS section of this web site.
- Presentations from DRI Workshop #2 are available from the EVENTS section of this web site.
- Presentations from DRI Workshop #1 are available from the EVENTS section of this web site.
- Presentations from the DRI Prediction Workshop are available from the EVENTS section of this web site.
- Presentations from the DRI Evaporation Workshop are available from the EVENTS section of this web site.
- Bonsal, B., 2007. Droughts in Canada: An Overview. Presented at CMOS/CGU/AMS Congress 2007 in St. John's, NL.
- Canada DRI: the Drought Research Initiative. Presented at AGU, 2005.
- Lawford, R., 2007. A Review of Some Requirements for Drought Information on the Canadian Prairies. Presented at CMOS/CGU/AMS Congress 2007 in St. John's, NL.
- Stewart, R.E., 2007. Canadian Prairie Drought and the Drought Research Initiative (DRI). Presented at CMOS/CGU/AMS Congress 2007 in St. John's, NL.
- Szeto, K., 2007. Water Cycling and Drought in 3 North American River Basins. Presented at CMOS/CGU/AMS Congress 2007 in St. John's, NL.
- Pomeroy, J. and M. Solohub, 2006. Ensuring Sufficient Water Supply for the Emerging Bioeconomy. Presented at BIOCAP Canada Foundation 2nd National Conference, 2006.
- Bonsal, B., 2006. Droughts in Canada: An Overview. Presented at AGU Fall Meeting 2006 in San Francisco, CA.
- Stewart, R.E., 2006. A severe recent drought over the Canadian Prairies. 5th Intl. CEOP Planning Meeting, Paris.
- Stewart, R.E. and J. Pomeroy, 2006. The Drought Research Initiative: A Study of the 1999-2005 Severe Drought over the Canadian Prairies. Presented at AGU Fall Meeting 2006 in San Francisco, CA.
- Szeto, K. and R.E. Stewart, 2006. The First WISE Case Study: A Water and Energy Balance Investigation of the 1999-2004 Severe Drought in the Canadian Prairies. Presented at pan-GEWEX meeting, 2006.
- Zha, T., A. G. Barr, G. van der Kamp, T.A. Black, J. H. McCaughey and L. B. Flanagan, 2010: Interannual variability in evapotranspiration from forest and grassland ecosystems in western Canada in relation to drought. Agricultural and Forest Meteorology, 150, 1476-1484. [doi:10.1016/j.agrformet.2010.08.003].
- Hanesiak, J., M. Melsness and R.L. Raddatz, 2010: Observed and Modeled Growing Season Diurnal Precipitable Water Vapour in South-Central Canada, (in press) J. Appl. Meteorol. and Clim.
- Brimelow, J.C., J.M. Hanesiak, R.L. Raddatz and M. Hayashi, 2010: Validation of ET estimates from the Canadian prairie agrometeorological model for contrasting vegetation types and growing seasons. Can. J. Water Res., 35(2), 209–230
- Brimelow, J.C., J.M. Hanesiak, and R.L. Raddatz, 2010: Validation of the Canadian prairie agrometeorological model and an examination of its sensitivity to soil hydraulic parameters using ensembles. Journal of Agricultural and Forest Meteorology, 150, 100-114.
- Hanesiak, J., Tat, A. and Raddatz, R.L., 2009. Initial soil moisture as a predictor of subsequent summer severe weather in the cropped grassland of the Canadian Praire Provinces. Int. J. Climatol., 29: 899-909.
- Shabbar, A., and B. Yu., 2009. The 1998–2000 La Nin˜a in the context of historically strong La Nin˜a events, J. Geophys. Res., 114, D13105.
- Raddatz, R. L. and J. M. Hanesiak, 2008. Significant summer rainfall in the Canadian Prairie Provinces: modes and mechanisms 2000-2004. Int. J. Climatol., 12: 1607-1613.
- Finlay, G.,et al., 2007. Genotypic and environmental variation in grain, flour, dough and bread-making characteristics of western Canadian spring wheat. Canadian Journal of Plant Science.
- Grieef, L.,2007. Establishing a Rural Groundwater Monitoring Network UsingExisting Wells: West Nose Creek Pilot Study, Alberta
- Raddatz, R. and Hanesiak, J., 2007. Significant Summer Rainfall in the Canadian Prairie Provinces: Modes and Mechanisms 2000-2004
- Song G, and Leighton H., 2007. Satellite-Derived Aerosol Radiative Forcing from the 2004 British Columbia Wildfires
- Wen, L.,et al, 2007. Analysis and Improvement of runoff generation in the land surface scheme CLASS and comparison with field measurements from China
- Wu, Z., et al, 2007. Thirty-Five year (1971-2005) Simulation of Daily Soil Moisture Using the Variable Infiltration Capacity Model over China
- Fernandes, R., Korolevych, V., Wang, S., 2007. Trends in Land Evapotransporation over Canada for the Period 1960-2000 Based on In Site Climate Observations and a Land Surface Model, J. Hydrometeor, 1016-1030.
- Wheaton, E.,Koshida, G., Bonsal, B., Johnston, T., Richards, W., Wittrock, V., 2007. Agricultural Adaptation to Drought in Canada: The Case of 2001 to 2002, Saskatchewan Research Council, May 2007.
- Fang, X., Pomeroy, J. Snowmelt runoff sensitivity analysis to drought on the Canadian prairies. Hydrological Processes, 21, 2594-2609.
- Pomeroy, J., et al., 2007. The cold regions hydrological model. Hydrological Processes, 21, 2650-2667.
- Fang, X., 2007. Snow Hydrology of Canadian Prarie Droughts: Model Development and Application. M.Sc. thesis.
- Bonsal, B. and E. Wheaton, 2005. Atmospheric Circulation Comparisons between the 2001 and 2002 and the 1961 and 1988 Canadian Prairie Droughts. Atmosphere-Ocean, 43(2), 163-172.
- Bonsal, B. and M. Regier, 2007. Historical comparison of the 2001/2002 drought in the Canadian Prairies. Climate Research, 33, 229-242.
- Liu, J. and R.E. Stewart, 2003. Water vapour features over the Saskatchewan River basin. J. Hydrometeor., 4, 944-959.
- Liu, J., R.E. Stewart and K.K. Szeto, 2004. Moisture transport and other hydrometeorological features associated with the sever 2000/01 drought over the Canadian Prairies. J. Climate, 17, 305-319.
- Pomeroy, J., R.E. Stewart and the DRI Team, 2005. The Canada DRI, a new Drought Research Initiative for the Canadian Prairies. AGU Autumn Conference, San Francisco.
- Roberts, E., R.E. Stewart and C.A. Lin, 2006. A study of drought characteristics over the Canadian Prairies. Atmosphere-Ocean, 44, 331-345.
- Raddatz, R.L., 2005. Moisture recycling on the Canadian Prairies for Summer droughts and pluvials from 1997 to 2003. Agricultural and Forest Meteorology, 131, 13-26.
- Szeto, K.K., 2007. Assessing Water and Energy Budgets for the Saskatchewan River Basin. J. Met. Soc. Jap., 85A, 167-186.
- A special DRI issue of the journal Atmosphere-Ocean is being prepared. The expected publication date is late 2010 or early 2011. Required information including the submission deadline is being updated as appropriate.
- United Nations - International Strategy on Drought Reduction
- Luminus Magazine has an article on Ken Snelgrove and DRI Canada, 2007.
- Marchildon, Gregory P., et al., 2007. Drought and institutional adaptation in the Great Plains of Alberta and Saskatchewan, 1914-1939, Natural Hazards, DOI 10.1007
- Martz, L., Bruneau, J., Rolfe., J., 2007. Climate Change and Water: SSRB Final Technical Report and appendices.
- Charlton Communications, 2006. The Weather Men:
Saskatchewan Researchers Seek Better Drought Prediction. As published
in The Professional Edge (July/August 2006, Issue 103),
Association of Professional Engineers & Geoscientists of
- Sauchyn, D., M. Khandekar and E.R. Garnett, 2005: The Science, Impacts and Monitoring of Drought in Western Canada, Proceedings of the 2004 Prairie Drought Workshop, Canadian Plains Research Centre, Regina, Sask.,101 pp.
- Raddatz, R.L., 1993. Prairie agroclimate
model: a simulation of the atmosphere/crop-soil interface.
Atmosphere-Ocean, 31:4, 399-419.
- Raddatz, R.L., 1989. An operational
information system for the Canadian prairies. Climatological Bulletin,
- Madhav L Khandekar. Canadian
Prairie Drought, Climate Change and impact on future grain yield.
DRI Annual Reports
- 2010 DRI Final Report
- 2009 DRI Annual Report
- 2008 DRI Annual Report
- 2008 DRI Investigators Reports
- 2007 DRI Annual Report