SELECTED SCIENTIFIC PUBLICATIONS
105) Rodrigo Rangel-Alvardo, Yevgen Nazarenko, Parisa A. Ariya, Snow-borne nanosized particles: Abundance, distribution, composition, and significance in ice nucleation processes", Journal of Geophysical Research - Atmosphere, 2015, http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/2015JD023773/full
104) R. Mortazavi and P. A. Ariya, "The Impact of Renovation on Indoor Air-Borne Bacterial and Fungal Populations", Indoor and Built Environment, 12, 2015, doi:10.1177/1420326X15610396
103) Ali Moridnejad, Neamat Karimi, Parisa A. Ariya, A new inventory for Middle East dust source points. Environmental monitoring and assessment, 187:582, 2015
102) R Mortazavi, S Attiya, PA Ariya, Arctic microbial and next generation sequencing approach for bacteria in snow and frost flowers: selected identification, abundance and freezing nucleation, Atmospheric Chemistry and Physics, 15 (11), 6183-6204, 2015.
101) Deeds, Daniel; Ghoshdastidar, Avik; Raofie, Farhad; Guerette, Elise-Andre; Tessier, Alain; Ariya, Parisa, Development of a Particle-Trap Preconcentration-Soft Ionization Mass Spectrometric Technique for the Quantification of mercury halides in air", Analytical Chemistry, 87 (10), pp 5109–5116, 2015
100) Ariya, Parisa A.; Amyot, Marc; Dastoor, Ashu; Deeds, Daniel; Subir, Mahamud; Feinberg, Aryeh; Kos, Gregor; Poulain, Alexandre; Ryjkov, A; Semeniuk, Kirill; Toyota, Kenjiro, "Mercury Physicochemical and Biogeochemical Transformation in the Atmosphere and at Atmospheric Interfaces: A Review and Future Directions", Chemical Reviews (American Chemical Society), Chem. Rev., 115 (10),3760–3802, 2015
99) A. Feinberg, U. Kurien, P. A. Ariya, "The kinetics of aqueous mercury(II) reduction by sulfite over an array of environmental conditions", Water, Air, & Soil Pollution. Water, Air, & Soil Pollution, Volume 226: 119, 1-12, 2015
98) M. Subir, N. Eltouny, and P. A. Ariya, "A Surface Second Harmonic Generation Investigation of Volatile Organic Compound Adsorption on a Liquid Mercury Surface" Royal Society of Chemistry, RSC Advances, 2015, 5, 23464-23470
97) Ali Moridnejad, Neamat Karimi, Parisa A. Ariya, Newly desertified regions in Iraq and its surrounding areas: Significant novel sources of global dust particles, Journal of Arid Environments Volume 116, Pages 1-10, 2015
96) Connie Ye and Parisa A. Ariya, Co-Adsorption of Gaseous Benzene, Toluene, Ethylbenzene, m-Xylene (BTEX) and SO2 on Recyclable Fe3O4 Nanoparticles at 0-101 % Relative Humidities. Journal of Environmental Sciences, 31, 164-174, 2015
95) Lin Si and Parisa A. Ariya, Photochemical Reactions of Divalent Mercury with Thioglycolic Acid: Formation of Mercuric Sulfide Particles", Chemosphere; 119, 467-472, 2015
94) Steffen A., Lehnherr I, Cole A., Ariya, P. Dastoor, Durnford D., Kirk J., Pilote M. Atmospheric mercury in the Canadian Arctic. Part I: A review of recent field measurements Science of Total Environment, doi: 10.1016/j.scitotenv.2014.10.109.
93) Zhenzhong Hu , Maximilien Beuret , Hassan Khan, and Parisa A. Ariya Development of a Recyclable Remediation System for Gaseous BTEX: Combination of Iron Oxides Nanoparticles Adsorbents and Electrochemistry, ACS Sustainable Chem. Eng., 2014, 2 (12), 2739-2747, 2014
92) Nermin Eltouny, Parisa Ariya, Enhanced Reactivity toward Oxidation by Water Vapor: Interactions of Toluene and NO2 on Hydrated Magnetite Nanoparticles, The Journal of Physical Chemistry C, 118 (41), pp 23654-23663, 2014
91) N. Eltouny and P. A. Ariya, Competing reactions of selected atmospheric gases on Fe3O4 nano particles surfaces, Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys., 2014, 16 (42), 23056 - 23066
90) G. Kos, N. Adechina, V. Kanthasamy and P. A. Ariya, Volatile organic compounds in Arctic snow: Concentrations and implications for atmospheric processes", RSC, Environmental Science: Processes & Impacts 16 (11), 2592-2603
89) Ariya, P. A., G. Kos, R. Mortazavi, E. D. Hudson, V. Kanthasamy, N. Eltouny, J. Sun, and C. Wilde. Bio-Organic Materials in the Atmosphere and Snow: Measurement and Characterization, in Atmospheric and Aerosol Chemistry, V.F. McNeill and P.A. Ariya, Editors. 2014. p. 145-199.
88) McNeill, V.F. and P.A. Ariya, Atmospheric and Aerosol Chemistry Preface, in Atmospheric and Aerosol Chemistry, V.F. McNeill and P.A. Ariya, Editors. 2014. p. V-VI
87) Eltouny, N. and P.A. Ariya, The Impact of Chemical Aging on Ice Nucleating Abilities of Iron Oxide Nanoparticles in the Atmosphere, in Nucleation and Atmospheric Aerosols, P.J. DeMott and C.D. Odowd, Editors. 2013. p. 930-932.
86) Kos, G., A. Ryzhkov, A. Dastoor, J. Narayan, A. Steffen, P. A. Ariya and L. Zhang, Evaluation of discrepancy between measured and modelled oxidized mercury species. Atmospheric Chemistry and Physics, 2013. 13(9): p. 4839-4863.
85) McNeill, V. Faye, and Parisa A. Ariya, eds. Atmospheric and Aerosol Chemistry. Springer Berlin, 2013.
84) Eltouny, N.A. and P.A. Ariya, Fe3O4 Nanoparticles and Carboxymethyl Cellulose: A Green Option for the Removal of Atmospheric Benzene, Toluene, Ethylbenzene, and o-Xylene (BTEX). Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research, 2012. 51(39): p. 12787-12795.
83) McNeill, V. F., A. M. Grannas, J. P. D. Abbatt, M. Ammann, P. Ariya, T. Bartels-Rausch, F. Domine, D. J. Donaldson, M. I. Guzman, D. Heger, T. F. Kahan, P. Klan, S. Masclin, C. Toubin and D. Voisin, Organics in environmental ices: sources, chemistry, and impacts. Atmospheric Chemistry and Physics, 2012. 12(20): p. 9653-9678.
82) Snider, G. and P. Ariya, Kinetic and Product Studies of the Reactions of NO2, with Hg-0 in the Gas Phase in the Presence of Titania Micro-Particle Surfaces. Water Air and Soil Pollution, 2012. 223(7): p. 4397-4406.
81) Subir, M., P.A. Ariya, and A.P. Dastoor, A review of the sources of uncertainties in atmospheric mercury modeling II. Mercury surface and heterogeneous chemistry - A missing link. Atmospheric Environment, 2012. 46: p. 1-10.
80) Sun, J., P. A. Ariya, H. G. Leighton and M. K. Yau, Modeling Study of Ice Formation in Warm-Based Precipitating Shallow Cumulus Clouds. Journal of the Atmospheric Sciences, 2012. 69(11): p. 3315-3335.
79) Sun, J., H. Leighton, M. K. Yau and P. Ariya, Numerical evidence for cloud droplet nucleation at the cloud-environment interface. Atmospheric Chemistry and Physics, 2012. 12(24): p. 12155-12164.
78) Voisin, D., J.-L. Jaffrezo, S. Houdier, M. Barret, J. Cozic, M. D. King, J. L. France, H. J. Reay, A. Grannas, G. Kos, P. A. Ariya, H. J. Beine and F. Domine, Carbonaceous species and humic like substances (HULIS) in Arctic snowpack during OASIS field campaign in Barrow. Journal of Geophysical Research-Atmospheres, 2012. 117.
77) Shepson, P. B., P. A. Ariya, C. J. Deal, D. J. Donaldson, T. A. Douglas, B. Loose, T. Maksym, P. A. Matrai, L. M. Russell, B. Saenz, J. Stefels and N. Steiner, Changing polar environments: Interdisciplinary challenges. Eos, Transactions American Geophysical Union, 2012. 93(11): p. 117-118.
76) Ariya, P.A., ATMOSPHERIC SCIENCE Mid-latitude mercury loss. Nature Geoscience, 2011. 4(1): p. 14-15.
75) Ariya, P.A., et al., Snow - a photobiochemical exchange platform for volatile and semi-volatile organic compounds with the atmosphere. Environmental Chemistry, 2011. 8(1): p. 62-73.
74) Hudson, E.D., P.A. Ariya, and Y. Gelinas, A method for the simultaneous quantification of 23 C-1-C-9 trace aldehydes and ketones in seawater. Environmental Chemistry, 2011. 8(4): p. 441-449.
73) Morris, C.E., et al., Microbiology and atmospheric processes: research challenges concerning the impact of airborne micro-organisms on the atmosphere and climate. Biogeosciences, 2011. 8(1): p. 17-25.
74) Si, L. and P.A. Ariya, Aqueous photoreduction of oxidized mercury species in presence of selected alkanethiols. Chemosphere, 2011. 84(8): p. 1079-1084.
72) Subir, M., P.A. Ariya, and A.P. Dastoor, A review of uncertainties in atmospheric modeling of mercury chemistry I. Uncertainties in existing kinetic parameters - Fundamental limitations and the importance of heterogeneous chemistry. Atmospheric Environment, 2011. 45(32): p. 5664-5676.
71) Kos, G. and P.A. Ariya, Volatile organic compounds in snow in the Quebec-Windsor Corridor. Journal of Geophysical Research-Atmospheres, 2010. 115.
70) Si, L. and P.A. Ariya, Photochemical reaction of oxidized Mercury species with selected thiols in natural waters. Geochimica Cosmochimica Acta, 2010. 74(12)
69) Snider, G. and P. Ariya, Photo-catalytic oxidation reaction of gaseous mercury over titanium dioxide nanoparticle surfaces. Chemical Physics Letters, 2010. 491(1-3): p. 23-28.
68) Subir, M. and P.A. Ariya, Surface selective investigation of adsorption of mercury: Importance of surface on Hg chemical kinetics. Geochimica Cosmochimica Acta, 2010, 74(12)
67) Sun, J., P. A. Ariya, H. G. Leighton and M. K. Yau, Mystery of ice multiplication in warm-based precipitating shallow cumulus clouds. Geophysical Research Letters, 2010. 37.
66) Ariya, P. A., Sun, J., Eltouny, N. A., Hudson, E. D., Hayes, C. T., and Kos, G., Physical and chemical characterization of bioaerosols - Implications for nucleation processes. International Reviews in Physical Chemistry, 2009. 28(1): p. 1-32.
65) Coquet, S. and P.A. Ariya, Kinetics of the Gas-Phase Reactions of Cl Atom with Selected C2-C5 Unsaturated Hydrocarbons at 283 < T < 323 K. International Journal of Chemical Kinetics, 2009. 41(9): p. 612-619).
64) Georgakopoulos, D. G., V. Despres, J. Froehlich-Nowoisky, R. Psenner, P. A. Ariya, M. Posfai, H. E. Ahern, B. F. Moffett and T. C. J. Hill, Microbiology and atmospheric processes: biological, physical and chemical characterization of aerosol particles. Biogeosciences, 2009. 6(4): p. 721-737.
63) Ariya, Parisa A., Kirk Peterson, Graydon Snider, and Marc Amyot. "Mercury chemical transformations in the gas, aqueous and heterogeneous phases: state-of-the-art science and uncertainties." In Mercury fate and transport in the global atmosphere, pp. 459-501. Springer US, 2009.
62) Du, R. and P.A. Ariya, The test freezing temperature of C(2)-C(6) dicarboxylic acid: The important indicator for ice nucleation processes. Chinese Science Bulletin, 2008. 53(17): p. 2685-2691.
61) Raofie, F., G. Snider, and P.A. Ariya, Reaction of gaseous mercury with molecular iodine, atomic iodine, and iodine oxide radicals - Kinetics, product studies, and atmospheric implications. Canadian Journal of Chemistry-Revue Canadienne De Chimie, 2008. 86(8): p. 811-820.
60) Si, L. and P.A. Ariya, Reduction of oxidized mercury species by dicarboxylic acids (C(2)-C(4)): Kinetic and product studies. Environmental Science & Technology, 2008. 42(14): p. 5150-5155.
59) Dastoor, A. P., D. Davignon, N. Theys, M. Van Roozendael, A. Steffen and P. A. Ariya, Modeling dynamic exchange of gaseous elemental mercury at polar sunrise. Environmental Science & Technology, 2008. 42(14): p. 5183-5188.
58) Cote, V., G. Kos, R. Mortazavi and P. A. Ariya, Microbial and "de novo" transformation of dicarboxylic acids by three airborne fungi. Science of the Total Environment, 2008. 390(2-3): p. 530-537.
57) Deguillaume, L., M. Leriche, P. Amato, P. Ariya, A.-M. Delort, U. Pöschl, N. Chaumerliac, H. Bauer, A. Flossmann and C. Morris, Microbiology and atmospheric processes: chemical interactions of primary biological aerosols. Biogeosciences, 2008. 5(4): p. 1073-1084.
56) Ariya, P. A., H. Skov, M. M. L. Grage and M. E. Goodsite, Gaseous elemental mercury in the ambient atmosphere: Review of the application of theoretical calculations and experimental studies for determination of reaction coefficients and mechanisms with halogens and other reactants. Advances in Quantum Chemistry, Vol 55: Applications of Theoretical Methods to Atmospheric Science, 2008. 55: p. 43-55.
55) Snider, G., F. Raofie, and P.A. Ariya, Effects of relative humidity and CO(g) on the O(3)-initiated oxidation reaction of Hg(0)(g): kinetic & product studies. Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics, 2008. 10(36): p. 5616-5623.
54) Mortazavi, R., C.T. Hayes, and P.A. Ariya, Ice nucleation activity of bacteria isolated from snow compared with organic and inorganic substrates. Environmental Chemistry, 2008. 5(6): p. 373-381.
53) Steffen, A., T. Douglas, M. Amyot, P. Ariya, K. Aspmo, T. Berg, J. Bottenheim, S. Brooks, F. Cobbett, A. Dastoor, A. Dommergue, R. Ebinghaus, C. Ferrari, K. Gardfeldt, M. E. Goodsite, D. Lean, A. J. Poulain, C. Scherz, H. Skov, J. Sommar and C. Temme, A synthesis of atmospheric mercury depletion event chemistry in the atmosphere and snow. Atmospheric Chemistry and Physics, 2008. 8(6): p. 1445-1482.
52) Ryzhkov, A., P. A. Ariya, F. Raofie, H. Niki and G. W. Harris, Theoretical and experimental studies of the gas-phase Cl-atom initiated reactions of benzene and toluene. Advances in Quantum Chemistry, Vol 55: Applications of Theoretical Methods to Atmospheric Science, 2008. 55: p. 275-295.
51) Deguillaume, L., M. Leriche, P. Amato, P. Ariya, A.-M. Delort, U. Pöschl, N. Chaumerliac, H. Bauer, A. Flossmann and C. Morris, Microbiology and atmospheric processes: chemical interactions of Primary Biological Aerosols. Biogeosciences Discussions, 2008. 5(1).
50) Morris, C., D. Sands, M. Bardin, R. Jaenicke, B. Vogel, C. Leyronas, P. Ariya and R. Psenner, Microbiology and atmospheric processes: an upcoming era of research on bio-meteorology. Biogeosciences Discussions, 2008. 5(1).
50) A.Steffen, T. Douglas, M. Amyot, P. Ariya, K.Aspmo, T.Berg, J.Bottenheim, S.Brooks, F.Cobbett, A. Dastoor, A .Dommergue, R. Ebinghaus, C. Ferrari, K. Gardfeldt, M. E. Goodsite, D. Lean, A. Poulain, C. Scherz, H. Skov, J. Sommar, and C. Temme, A synthesis of atmospheric mercury depletion event chemistry linking atmosphere, snow and water, /Atmos. Chem. Phys. Discuss/.,7,10837-10931, (2007)
49) E. D. Hudson, K. Okuda and P. A. Ariya, Determination of Acetone in Seawater Using Derivatization-Solid Phase Microextraction/, Analytical and Bioanalytical Chemistry/, DOI 10.1007/S0021-6-007-132X (2007)
48) E. D. Hudson, and P. A. Ariya, Measurements of Non-Methane Hydrocarbons, DOC in Surface Ocean Waters, and aerosols over the Nordic Seas during Polarstern cruise ARK-XX/1, Chemosphere, DOI:10.1016/j./chemosphere./2007.04.056, (2007)
47) A. J. Poulain, E. Garcia, M. Amyot, P. G. C. Cambell, F. Raofie, and P. A. Ariya, Mercury speciation and reactivity in the high Arcitc on Cornwallis Island, /Geochemica Cosmochimica Acta/, 71, 3419-3431(2007)
46) Poulain A.J., Ni Chadhain S. M., Ariya P. A., Amyot M., Garcia E., Campbell P. G. C., Zylstra G., and Barkay T. 2007. A potential for mercury reduction by microbes in the high Arctic. /Appl. Environ. Microbiol.,/ 73(7): 2230-2238. (*Cover Page) (faculty of 1000 choice) *
45) Poulain, A. J.; Garcia, E.; Amyot, M.; Campbell, P. G. C.; Raofie, F.; Ariya, P., Biological and Chemical Redox Transformations of Mercury in Fresh and Salt Waters of the High Arctic during Spring and Summer /A., Environ. Sci. Technol., /41(6); 1883-1888, (2007)
44) H. M. Hung, P. A. Ariya, The Oxidation of Oleic Acid and Oleic Acid/Sodium Chloride(aq) Mixture Droplets with Ozone: the Changes of Hygroscopicity and the Role of Secondary Reactions, /J. Phys. Chem. A.,/ 111(4); 620-632, (2007)
43) W. R. Simpson, R. von Glasow, K. Riedel, P. Anderson, P. Ariya, J. Bottenheim, J. Burrows, L. Carpenter, U. Friess, M. E. Goodsite, D. Heard, M. Hutterli, H.-W. Jacobi, L. Kaleschke, B. Neff, J. Plane, U. Platt, A. Richter, H. Roscoe, R. Sander, P. Shepson, J. Sodeau, A. Steffen, T. Wagner and E. Wolff. Halogens and their role in polar boundary-layer ozone depletion, /Atmos. Chem. Phys/. Discuss., 7, 4285-4403 (2007).
42) A. Garib, Q, Timergazin, and P.A. Ariya, "Kinetics and product studies of Cl-atom initiated of selected hydrocarbons in the marine boundary layer", Canadian Journal of Chemistry, 84, 1686-1695, (2006)
41) G. Kos, P. A. Ariya, Determination of a Wide Range of Volatile and Semivolatile Organic Compounds in Snow Using Solid Phase Micro-Extraction (SPME), Analytical and Bioanalytical Chemistry, Analytical and Bioanalytical Chemistry, 385 (1): 57-66 (2006)
40) J. Sun and P. A. Ariya, Atmospheric organic and bio-aerosols as cloud condensation nuclei (CCN): A review, Atmospheric Environment 40, 5 795-820, (2006). Hot article, top 25 science direct.
39) A. B. Ryzhkov and P. A. Ariya, The importance of water clusters (H2O)n (n=2..4) in the reaction of Criegee intermediate with water in the atmosphere, Chemical Physics Letter, 419, 479-485, (2006).
38) M. A. Engle, M. Sexauer Gustin, S. E. Lindberg, A. W. Gertler. P. A. Ariya, The influence of ozone on atmospheric emissions of gaseous elemental mercury and reactive gaseous mercury from substrates, Atmospheric Environment 39, 7506-7517, (2005).
37) P. A. Ariya and K. Peterson, Atmospheric Chemical Transformation of Elemental Mercury, Mercury in Environment, chapter 13, Kluwer, Nicolas Pirrone (editor), (2005).
36) E. Garcia, M. Amyot and P.A. Ariya, "The relationship between DOC photochemistry and mercury redox transformations in aquatic systems of varying humic content", Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta, 69, 8, 1917-1924, (2005).
35) E. Garcia, A.J. Poulain, M. Amyot and P.A. Ariya, "Diel variations in photo-induced oxidation of Hg0 in freshwater", Chemosphere, 59(7), 977-982, (2005)
34) P.A. Ariya, A P. Dastoor, M. Amyot, W.H. Schroeder, L. Barrie, K. Anlauf, F. Raofie, A. Ryzkhov, D. Davignon; J. Lalonde, A. Steffen, The Arctic: A sink for mercury, Tellus B, 56, 5, 397-403, (2004)
33) A. Ryzkhov and P.A. Ariya, "Reactions of substituted Criegee biradical with water dimer", Physical Chemistry - Chemistry Physics, 6, 5042-5050, (2004)
32) A.J. Poulain, J. Lalonde, M. Amyot, F. Raofie and P.A. Ariya, "Photooxidation of mercury in the Arctic snow", Atmospheric Environment, 39, 6763-6774, (2004)
31) B. Paul and P.A. Ariya, "Gas-phase reaction of hydroxyl initiated reaction of elemental mercury: Kinetics and product studies, Environmental Science and Technology, 38, 5555, (2004).
30) M. Amyot, F. Morel and P.A. Ariya, "The effect of surfaces on Hg droplets in environmental compartments", Environmental Science and Technolog, 39, 1, 110-114, (2004).
29) F. Raofie and P.A. Ariya, "First evidence of stable Hg+1 in aerosols", Environmental Science and Technology, 38(16); 4319-4326, (2004)
28) P.A. Ariya, A.P. Dastoor 2,M.AMYOT, W.H. Schroeder, L. Barrie, K. Analuf, F. Raofie, A. Rhykov, D. Davignon, J. Lalonde and A. Steffen, Tellus B, Volume 56, Issue 5, Pages 397-403, (2004)
27) P.A. Ariya and M. Amyot, "Bioaerosols: Impact on physics and chemistry of the atmosphere", Atmospheric Environment, 38(8), 1231-1233, (2004).
26) B. Paul and P.A. Ariya, "Studies of O3-initiated reaction of gaseous mercury Hg0: kinetics, product studies, and atmospheric implications atmosphere", Physical Chemistry-Chemical Physics, 6, 572-579, (2004).
25) J.D. Lalonde, M. Amyot, J. Orvoine, F. Morel, J.-C. Auclair and P.A. Ariya, "Photoinduced oxidation of Hg(aq) in the waters from the St. Lawrence estuary", Environmental Science and Technology, 38(2), 508-514, (2004).
24) F. Raofie and P.A. Ariya, "Mercury aerosols in atmosphere", RMZ- Materials and Geoenvironment, 51: 774-778, (2004).
23) B. Pal and P.A. Ariya, "Gaseous reactions of atmospheric oxidants with elemental mercury: kinetics, mechanistic, and atmospheric implications", RMZ- Materials and Geoenvironment, 51: 724-28, (2004).
22) M. Amyot, J.D. Lalonde, P.A. Ariya and A. Dastoor, "Behavior of mercury in snow from different latitudes", Journal de Physique IV, 107, 45-49, (2003).
21) B. Paul, and P.A. Ariya, "Reactions of O3 with mercury in troposphere: kinetics and product studies", Journal de Physique IV107, 189-202, (2003).
20) F. Raofie and P.A. Ariya, "Reactions of BrO with mercury: kinetic studies", Journal de Physique IV, 107, 1119-1121 (2003).
19) P. A. Ariya and A. Ryzhkov, "Activation of mercury on snow surfaces", Journal de Physique IV, 107, 57-60, (2003).
18) A.F., Khalizov, B. Viswanathan, P. Larregaray and P.A. Ariya, "Theoretical Study on the Reactions of Hg with Halogens: Atmospheric Implications", Journal of Physical Chemistry A, 107(33), 6360-6365, (2003).
17) A.B. Ryzhkov, and P.A. Ariya, "A theoretical study of the reactions of carbonyl oxide with water in atmosphere: the role of water dimer", Chemical Physics Letters, 367(3-4), 423-429, (2003).
16) E. Avzyanova and P. A. Ariya, "Kinetic studies of ozonolysis of selected terminal and internal alkenes", International Journal of Chemical Kinetics, 34(12), 678-684, (2002).
15) P. A. Ariya, O. Nepotchatykh, O. Igntova and M. Amyot, "Microbiological degradation of organic compounds in the atmosphere", Geophysical Research Letters, 29, 341-344 (2002)
14) P. A. Ariya, A. F. Khalizov, and A. Gidas, "Reaction of Gaseous Mercury with Atomic and Molecular Halogens: Kinetics, Product Studies, and Atmospheric Implications", Journal of Physical Chemistry A, 106(32), 7310-7320, (2002).
13) O. Nepotchatykh and P.A. Ariya, "Atmospheric degradation of Dicarboxylic Acids (C2-C9) upon their reactions with O3", Environmental Science & Technology, 36(15), 3265-3269, (2002).
12) A. Khalizov and P.A. Ariya, "Stability of XSO2 (X=F,Cl, and Br) radical: impact of the basis set on X-S bonding energy in ab initio and DFT calculations", Chemical Physics Letters, 350(1-2), 173, (2001).
11) Q. Timerqazin and P.A. Ariya, "Kinetics and mechanistic studies of Cl-atom intitated reaction of terpenes", Physical Chemistry-Chemical Physics, 3, 3981-3986, (2001).
10) K. von Salzen , H.G. Leighton, P.A. Ariya, L.A. Barrie, S.L. Gong, J.-P. Blanchet, L. Spacek, U. Lohmann, L.I. Kleinman, "The sensitivity of sulphate aerosol size distributions and CCN concentrations over North America to SOx emissions and H2O2 concentrations", Journal of Geophysical Research, 105(D8), 9741-9766, (2000).
9) S. Coquet and P. Ariya, "The temperature dependence of Cl-atom initiated reactions of selected alkenes under tropospheric conditions", International Journal of Chemical Kinetics, 32, 478-488, (2000).
8) P.A. Ariya, R. Sander and P.J. Crutzen, "Significance of HOx formation in the winter-time: A modeling study", Journal of Geophysical Research, 105, 17721-17738 (2000).
7) P.A. Ariya, H. Niki, G.W. Harris, F. Hopper and D. Worthy "Polar Sunrise Experiment 1995: Hydrocarbon measurements and halogen chemistry in the Arctic troposphere", Atmospheric Environment, 33, 931-938, (1999).
6) P.A. Ariya, J.F. Hopper, G.W. Harris, "Measurement of C2-C7 hydrocarbons in interstitial snow during PSE 94", Journal of Atmospheric Chemistry, 34, 55-64, (1999).
5) P.A. Ariya, B.T. Jobson, R. Sander, H. Niki, G.W. Harris, K. Anlauf and F. Hopper, "Measurements of C2-C8 hydrocarbons during the Polar Sunrise Experiment 1994: Further evidence for halogen chemistry in the Arctic troposphere", Journal of Geophysical Research, 103(D11), 13169-13180, (1998).
4) P.A. Ariya, V. Catoire, R. Sander, H. Niki and G.W. Harris, "Trichloroethene and tetrachloroethene: Tropospheric probes for Cl- and Br-atom chemistry during the Polar sunrise", TELLUS, 49B, 583-591, (1997).
3) V. Catoire, P.A. Ariya, H. Niki and G.W. Harris, "FTIR study of Cl and Br atom oxidation of trichloroethylene at T = 296±2 K", International Journal of Chemical Kinetics, 29, 695-704, (1997).
2) J. Chen, V. Young, P.A. Ariya (Hooshiyar), M. Hurley and H. Niki, "FTIR study of the Cl-initiated oxidation of ethylene oxide", Journal of Physical Chemistry, 99, 4071-4077, (1995).
1) Parisa A. Ariya (Hooshiyar) and Hiromi Niki, "Reaction rate of Cl-atoms with a series of C2-C8 alkane at T = 296±2 K", International Journal of Chemical Kinetics, 27, 1197-1206, (1995).